FAQ's

How did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking seven years ago after the birth of my son. I never imagined I would become so immerse into this expression of art-I totally love and enjoy it! I love the whole creative process, being inspired and creating different layouts, cards and LOTS of mini albums. My creative style and motto is to enjoy art and have fun with it while keeping my design simple with lost of "artsy" elements added in such as paint and spray inks to make it a little edgy.

What camera, computer, printer + software do you use?

camera: Canon Rebel XT
lens: 85mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8+ Tamron 70-300mm Di telephoto zoom
computer: MacBook
printer: Canon Pixma i1800
software: Photoshop Elements 6 and iphoto
polaroid:  sx70 Polaroid Land Camera

What are your favorite iPhone camera apps?
instagram
snapster
vintage cam
vsco cam
phonto

What are your favorite scrapbooking supplies?

It is no secret that I love to use paint, spray inks and white cardstock as my staples. :) I also love to use labels, Creative Memories circle punches, stencils, masks, water pencils, slick writer pen, and  pro precision pens.

What brands of spray ink and paint do you use?

spray ink: I use them all but love the concentrated colors of  Studio Calico Mister Huey's Inks and Tim Holtz Adirondack® Colorwash.the best.

paint: Making Memories scrapbook color paints; some of my favorite colors to use are:school bus, wheat, celery, lagoon and steel.  I also use Ranger Inks by Claudine Hellmuth in the following colors: sky blue, dab of yellow  ,blank canvas and smidge of blue.

What are your favorite Project Life supplies?

 I truly believe in using what you love always and this is very evident in a lot of my minibooks. The elements and products that I've used vary each week but I do have a few supplies that are always constant. Here is a quick synopsis: simple stories page3x4 protectors; mini glue dots; prima alphas; american craft alphas; wood veneer embellishments;labels;bazzill plastic paper; ink, embossing powders; hambly washi tape and stamps.


What Project Life album(s) do you use?

My albums were made by American Craft albums for Studio Calico in 2011. They are roughly 6 x 8.5 in size.  Simple Stories Snap albums are a great substitute!.  

Who or what is your inspiration and or motivates you to do what you do?

Life, fashion, family, friends and the Internet are all avenues of inspiration for me. But mainly I love creating for the art of creating and getting my ideas and thoughts about life on paper. It is both therapeutic and fulfilling at the same time for me. My main motivator in the beginning was to document my children's life, but then I realized that my life in essence is theirs as well so I now create for me but with them in mind. I want my children to know who I am as a woman when they are grown.

Can I use your photos on my blog?
Sure, please credit the photos and link back to the post that you are taking them from. An email would be nice too! :)
 
Can I pin your stuff on Pinterest?

Yes, just hit the pin button located at the bottom of each post.

Do you teach online?
Yes, I've taught online workshops on my blog but now teach at creative passion.  Please check my workshop section for upcoming classes.


How do I become a sponsor on your blog?
Email me for more information.