Blossoms



Ok... with Spring around the corner. Nothing says Spring is here in the Washington DC Metro area than the arrival of the Cherry Blossoms. I had several questions from my online friends about the Cherry Blossoms. So I go to look at them online today to see their progress. GUESS WHAT...they aren't blooming. WHAAAT
But I did find an outline of their expected growth period on
http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org. This is the schedule and with the weather forcasted as being in the 60's thru the weekend I think it will be on target.

1.
Green Color in Buds:
Late February to Early March
2.
Florets Visible:
March, Av. 16-21 days to Peak Bloom
3.
Extension of Florets:
Av. 12-17 days to Peak Bloom
4.
Elongation:(Frost Critical)
Av. 6-10 days to Peak Bloom
5.P
uffy White:
Av. 4-6 days to Peak Bloom

I can't wait to see them this year and take pictures which will make for great scrapbooking. So come back often as I will have pictures uploaded often and of our visit as well.
...Vee

1 comments:

  1. Totally can't wait to see the photos! I'm one of the scrappers who's pmed you and asked about them! I LOVE watching the news coverage when they spotlight them and show them in FULL BLOOM!! SOOOO Gorgeous! It must smell absolutely heavenly!!!
    XO
    Gab

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo