Christmas manifesto...

Manifesto: Noun. A declaration of one's intentions. Starting December first, I will keep a Christmas journal. In it, I will write something every day to reflect on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of my future. To some, this will be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas, I am letting it be something I relish and, most importantly, I am giving at least fifteen minutes every day to myself no matter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words and my own memories.I may post some or all of my entries here. Other artists are doing this with me, and you above all: enjoy the season. I will.
Vee
**Can't wait until tomorrow to start my journal,so so excited! Check some of the other awesome artist who are participating from all over the worId at Shimelle's blog . I wanted to also say THANK YOU to Ronda for making my holiday banner! Love it girlie!!

ETA:
This is my journal! I am using a modern American Crafts album. I think it is 9x9. But at this late hour I am unsure. :) I added the Basic Grey Fruitcake papers and other cute things. :)

12 comments:

  1. TessaAnnWatte12:19 PM

    Vee! Your blog looks so feastive and wonderful!!!!
    Ronda did an awesome job!!
    I love your christmas journal idea :)

    I hope you have a great day!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks, too, for having such a festive site -- it's really putting me into the seasonal mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. minutes for yourself sounds like a good idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing something similar this year... check my blog post about the 12 days of chrsitams... i made a mini album.. gonna journal in it every day up to the bigday.... so so fun! high fives ya gf.. it's a great thing to do... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very welcomed my firend! Loved doing it for you! Love the Christmas journal idea, Shimelle is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited too about my Xmas journal. This is going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun idea-cant wait to see your journal creations :)

    PS:sorry I harped on Robin Thicke ;) I actually do think he has a great voice, just thought he was trying too hard to impress us at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok for One...You got me all emotional! Dude my hormones are all out of wack but anyway...I really so wish you much creativity and focus on your journal. It is going to be powerful I know it!!! I am doing one but I have always struggled with digging deep. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And another thing...That banner is freakin' awesome! Rhonda is a genius!!!
    Later chick -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cover on the album. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. candice1:10 PM

    Well the outside of the album is super cute. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nichol2:06 PM

    LOVE this.
    you inspire me girl. that manifesto rocks. exactly how I am feeling.
    love the journal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your idea. And can't wait to see what you'll come up with in your everyday 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo