fa la la....

I am starting to get more into the Christmas spirit although been in a little slump this week. My father passed away two years ago today. It has been on my heart alot. But after reading this post from my Daily Word emails, I feel a lot better:
Comfort
God is my comfort, my source of peace, and fount of all good.
Today I may especially be thinking of loved ones who have passed from my sight. What comforts me is knowing they are still in God’s care and keeping. Our love is a bond that can never be broken, by distance, time, or even death.
God’s love is strong yet tender and caring, uniting my loved ones and me for all eternity. God is my comfort at all times, through all experiences. I open my heart to God, and I am blessed.
Whatever situations may be taking place in my life, I release them into God’s care and know that all is well.
“A pleasant vineyard, sing about it!

I, the Lord, am its keeper;
every moment I water it.
I guard it night and day so that no one can harm it;
I have no wrath.”—Isaiah 27:2-4

In keeping with the holiday spirit I played the Holly Christmas music channel on XM this morning. The children loved it and it also lifted my spirits. Keeping that in mind I have made the decision to get a real LIVE Christmas tree this year. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love putting up my artificial tree. But this year I want a change and I want a tree that isn't as big as my "fake" one. I also want the house to smell like Christmas. So I need advice on how to keep it alive until Christmas ans keeping Aiden from trying to mark it! GASP!! We are going to go and shop this weekend for it. I can't wait to go buy it with the children. I am probably more excited than they are, but of course they don't know yet that we are getting a real tree!! :) :) Any pointers you can give a rookie would be greatly appreciated!

7 comments:

  1. No pointers for you because we have an artificial tree. Just wanted to say sorry for your loss. I too get the Daily Word in my email. Hope you find comfort in it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss Vee. Here is something that I picked up from "The Power of Positive Thinking" book, God is with me, God is helping me, God is guiding me. Repeating these words help me when I need comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was powerful and it moved me in so many ways. I lost my grandmother on June 25, 1996, more than 10 years ago and I am still not over it. I know my grandmother is in a better place and is no longer suffering, but I sure miss her. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful email to get.

    I have wonderful memories of getting real trees with my family when I was younger. Except the time we had to anchor it to the wall because it wouldn't stand up! Oh, and the cat climbing it! We have a fake too because I can't bear to kill a tree to put it up for a month and I'm afraid our dog would pee all over it! Please post pictures when you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always heard to keep them watered. My real trees always dried up even with heavy duty watering. We opted for the el-fake-o tree a few years ago.

    I wonder if Martha's website has anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love real trees but hate spending months afterwards picking up those darn little needles....lol
    you will have to post some pic's once its up and decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...a sista has a fake and wonderfully convienient fake tree! I really can't help ya there but google would be my first stop!
    Good luck -Karla

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo