taking the plunge

POLAR PLUNGE that is!
After working with Special Olympics for five years, I have finally decided to step it up and take the plunge into the Atlantic Ocean to help raise additional funds and awareness of our wonderful athletes on February 3, 2007. They truly are amazing and inspiring to everyone who meets them. I can only hope to continue to live my life with as much passion as our athletes have for Special Olympics and life. Since 1993 more than $2.5 million has been raised for Special Olympics Virginia, with over 17,500 people taking the plunge into the Atlantic Ocean. Last year 3,433 brave people took the plunge and raised over $610,000 for the thousands of Special Olympics Virginia athletes with intellectual disabilities. So as my scrappin buddies If you would like to make an online donation to my fundraising page it can be done here---->>Team Sparrow. I also have a link on the side of my blog that will take you right to the page to see how close I am coming to my goal. I will so post pictures of me actually plunging in February in Virginia Beach. Any donation will be greatly appreciated!! Donations are tax deductible and a receipt will be sent to your email address once the donation is processed. For more information about Special Olympics please visit http://www.specialolympics.org.
xoxo
Vee

9 comments:

  1. That is amazing Vee. I will have to make a donation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are amazing, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the Plunge last year with my family and donated but did not do the plunge. I bet it would be ausome ...and cold!! I have an uncle in Philadelphia that is very active in the Specail Olympics and it's wonderful for him. thanks you so much for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah...That's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you rock-thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME! I am so proud of you and I am promoting this on my blog too! What an awesome contribution!! I made a donation and I hope you make your goal!!!
    XO XO XO XO XO
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are amazing.. gonna click the link :)

    Court

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are welcome. wish I could do more!

    Court

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo