plan or be free....

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
— Joseph Campbell

I love this quote that I received in my inbox from Real SImple. I remember when I was in my early 20's I felt like nothing was "happening" in my life as I had planned and I was so upset about it. But as time went on I learned to live for today and not to try to have this life that I had planned when I was a teenager. Life so often does not happen that way. Some of my post cherished gifts on earth were totally unplanned. So with that being said my word for the year via Ali's challenge is to be free.
Free to explore new relationships
Free to be a better person
Free to be creative
Free to not be afraid
Free to embrace what may come
Free to party and have fun

10 comments:

  1. Ohh that is such a good word. Wow! I wish I had thought it! Can't wait to see what you create. That is such a good quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great quote and one I need to remember daily! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab quote. How weird is that though - I was toying with the word Free too. By the way - i love your new banner

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing what you create, and thanks for sharing that beautiful quote!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quote!!Thanks for sharing.Have a great weekend and take care dear;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quote is beautiful and I love your word. I chose growth as soon as I read her blog. Lots of changes in my life and I want them to help me become the me I am meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome quote, and so true. Things didn't go exactly as I had planned, either, but when you just let life happen it turns out better than you expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always, you are an inspiration, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to adopt that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE that one...and i love quotes...so i will write that one down...:) thnx for sharing....:)
    xo xo xo
    m

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo