back in the day


I scrapped last night! :) I did a layout for the challenge at SOML forum. The challenge was to use scallops and a chilhood photo. I love this photo of me and my father. One of my memories as a child is remembering my father reading the newspaper and always looking at the news. He was very intelligent and always full of knowledge. This photo brings back so many memories and of how our house used to look. :) Plus can you see the blanket on the sofa that my mom made? She had some crocheting skills, even taught me but I all I made was squares and couldn't crochet now if I tried. I never learned to make the flowers she has on the blanket. teheee and she taught herself. This picture is a polaroid, I usally cut these up but was feeling the whole frame look so I kept it as is. Isn't the stamp cute, Sara has them for sale at her site here.
happy hump day!!
xo-out

17 comments:

  1. I'm loving the flowers with that pic! My photos with my are so fun too! VEE, just less than two weeks and I can HUG you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with the polaroid intact. Great pic and great layout!! That was a creative challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o girl... this is just presh. i love the stamp... the pic... the scallops... how did u make them? they look different! I love them!!! the HAMBLY... i totally ordered $83 worth last night!! can't wait!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the look of the poloroid just as it is, it's great. and hambly is adorable! love it love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! I love that forum too...maybe I'll try the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia5:28 PM

    oh Vee how sweet was that! its fun to sometimes bring back the fun and positive memories of the past. I think it helps us move forward in our everyday life don't you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blog to! I wandered over from Tallyscrapper. I'm so glad I did! You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout Vee! Love the polaroid too. This is such a great way to document those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cool!
    love how you outlines the polaroid!
    off to check the challenge...fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the Hambly, Scallops, cutness lil' stamparoo and most of all the old foto! I ♥ old fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the memories that old photos bring. one photo leads to one memory, which leads to another memory and so on. before you know it you are getting snipits of all the memories in your life.

    I love the layout and the stamp is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey- i use painter's touch, design master and Krylon Short Cuts. i love the krylon shorties because they don't take up too much room! i just bought colors that i liked and paid no attention to the brands and they all work well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an awesome lo! love those hambly rubons, i need to find some more of those.

    happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this layout. So cool. And that story is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Renee1:36 PM

    Love the layout and the memories. I got some Hamby, am I am still trying to figure out how to use it. Your layout makes me want to try.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo