its friday night just got paid

well no and no but for some reason that song is stuck in my head. I used to love me some Johnny Kemp. :) But it is friday and I am so glad! I did some scrapping last night, woo! I was in a painting mood and got the idea for the layout while commuting home yesterday. The title came from a lyric in Regina's Spektor's song Samson, which I love!
Journaling reads: before birth,first heartbeat,at first sight,now forever, always...
I am having lots of fun with 12x12 layouts again and of course paint, this lo isn't perfect but I love it. Lots of free handed lines and such.


*ps...feature layout of the day at 2peas. eeeekkkkk :) :)

These are the back of my atc for the
sis swap. They will be on their way to Stacey this morning. I worked really hard on these and I hope people like them. I am so glad I did this swap because now I look at paint totally different and it pushed me to try new things, like gesso (which I love).


Also got a little art journaly as well. Still collaging but it is all good.

Last night was open house at Saadiq's school. He was happy that some of his friends from K were in this class. His teacher seems really nice and he didn't want to leave. Good sign right?! I am so excited and can't wait to see what he learns. Well lots of fun to be had this weekend, cookouts, Redskins preseason game and scrapping with Natalie.
oh, yeah!!
I hope you have a fun weekend too!
xo-


24 comments:

  1. You amaze me. That page is killer. And the cards...sigh...amazing! Can't wait to get our scrap-on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt B.G.10:42 AM

    Hey Vee. I love your page. As usual, AWESOME work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 12x12 layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vee, that page is amazing...i totally choked up reading it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a fab weekend - sounds fun!! love how all your "playing around" with paint is looking - very inspiring!!:)

    cheers,
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vee your scrapage is GORGEOUS!!! Crazy cool job with the paint and stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can totally see why that page was lotd at the peadom! it takes my breath away! and yay for back to school open house. we've got ours next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful LO! Love it, totally deserved something for it, glad you got the 2peas recognition!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome stuff vee..and very cool it was featured!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Page of the day.... Congrats!! And the LO is so gorgeous. I love the journaling too. SO glad open house went well, and hope the first day does too. Lincoln loves it so far. Did not know you were a football girl... I am so looking forward to the COOLER fall days and our Sunday afternoons spent watching the games and chilling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout,its so fresh!And that art journal wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wahoo! featured on 2 peas- that is SOO cool! love the layouts and have fun with Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, the "I loved you first" LO is the jam. Love it so much. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg..that song! no joke, I think of that song every friday, even though i don't always get paid that day ;) it gets me in the weekend mood!

    congrats on 2Peas...that page is so on. The pair of black & white photos on top of that paint is grabbing me.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your 'I loved you first' layout. Wow! You're very talented. I'm happy I found (via 'the dares' and on my blog, thanks!) your site. I'm adding you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! "Love You First" is so great (actually, it's all great). Love the concept, the sentiment, the design. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woo hoo!! Page of the day!! you are ROCKIN' GIRL!!!
    Love that page! It turned out soooo good! Fabulous journaling too! Great stuff, as always!!
    ~XO~
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job girl! And now you have that song stuck in my head! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my those are gorgeous!! Love the paints:-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of this is pure scrappin love! and now I have friday night...just got paid in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the page of the day!! I luved it when I saw it--paint and all that good stuff! Photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey girl! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love coming to visit your blog. full of such good stuff. you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the little album! Your blog is always full of eye candy! love it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo