self declaration challenge

Happy Sunday, it is gorgeous here!! As promised my challenge is below. I challenge you to make a layout about a personal self declaration. Create a layout about a personal positive, explicit, or formal statement about yourself, life, hobby etc.
I always try to live for the moment and not worry about past things, events and other mishaps in my life. I believe everything happens for a reason good or bad. So this layout was on mind as soon as I posted my Capture layout last week. I THEN read Rebecca Sower's blog and she had this awesome quote,"Nothing in life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it"-Ellen Glasgow
BINGO, my thought and declaration exactly. I look forward to seeing your awesome creations about yourself. Please link your layouts to this post. I will also send out a RAK of my favorite products, Amy butler paper, corkboard paper by Karen Foster, Fontwerks rubons, American Crafts thickers and 7Gypsies 97% stickers and Creative Imagination mini album to a random participant. :)
eta-challenge is due by Sunday, 8-25. :)



okay, I also completed darejack #2 while ichatting with Karla. We are having so much fun video chatting, will post more on that later. :) I was so inspired by Meghan's layout and especially the stamped title. I embossed some different Heidi Swapp letters in her vertical stamps to create a letter background on the grid paper. Photo is from our vacation to the carribean (st.lucia) Thomas, a local, made this grasshopper for us :) Also completed one collage page in my art slam challenge. This is step two, to create collages. I hope to do more of these tonight, so much fun to add everyday things to funk it up.




off to the pool, enjoy your day and thank you for all of the comments and visits to my blog.
smooches!!

23 comments:

  1. Ok Vee
    Kim told me about your new challenge...I'm so on it!!!! woohoo
    Thanks girl... I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just the sweetest! I read Rebecca's blog and actually wrote that quote down. LOVE IT! I hope you have a great day, and I can't wait to play.

    I love your photo, you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE those pages!!!!! Yoyu are so BEAUTIFUL! And the ART journal is STUNNING!!!!! you are a huge inspiration honey!

    Love,
    -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I told you at SiS; I love that picture of you! You are glowing girl!.. love that art!
    I'm in to your challange to....my brain is working already..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I may have to do these challenges! You rock Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely getting on the challenge! Is there a deadline?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha HAAAAAAAAA I'm back!!!!! Just wanted to say HI again! And I feel the same way! Seeing our stuff on you blog is way neat! LOVE them ALL!!!!

    -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a WONDERFUL quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. missed seeing your creations, reading your blog...

    thanks for sharing, they are all gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ichatting, very cool!! I love the challenge idea, and have just had a situation that is perfect for a little introspection... I can't wait to make one!! :) Great idea Vee, seriously. Your LO jack and collage are beautimous too... we are off to the pool ourselves soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those pages Vee! I am definitely going to participate in this challenge. I hope you had a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layouts! Love that quote...definitely true!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. the challenge looks fun!! love the art journal page! you rock.
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  14. luvin those layouts!! I think I have an idea, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun refreshing and cheery colored LO's! Feel free to check my blog out as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your layouts are so amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your style! I'm behind on blog strollin' and I'm desperately trying to catch up!! You've been busy!!!
    Glad to chat with you today! I've missed ya!~
    XO
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo! How exciting...I will definitely be playing along! Love you, Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay--I got it done. Here it is--also on my blog.

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=25401&user_id=2471

    Thanks, Vee- it was very therapeutic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. did mine - combined with olw challenge. thanks!!
    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=26088&user_id=1313

    see ya later,
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look beautiful in that first lo picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey girl, I can't wait to see what you bring us this week - I had a good time doing this.

    http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=26670

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Vee.....
    Here's mine, let me tell that your topic had my thinking deep and taking a hard look at myself! Thanks

    http://cinnibonbon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo