weekend recap

I had a great weekend and the sis crop was awesome- so much fun. We had a ball and all of the ladies there were so cool, talented and awesome! I love to scrap by myself but it is so cool to see what other people are working on, how they create and all of the mini conversations that take place! So fun and inspiring. Mellymel drove to my house and we had the best roadtrip down to Richmond. She is an awesome gal to travel with and. I feel like we will be hanging out alot more and soon I hope. :) I made this layout of my sister-Brigittee while at the crop. I love the orange and brown which compliments her skin tone so well. I must admit when the mod rubs came out at first they scared me but I sucked it up and used them on this layout and now I am loving the mod. :)


This layout is for the August gallery at Just Let Me Scrapbook of my sweet Saadiq. He will be seven in two months and it is so unreal to me. It seems like yesterday that he was a baby. :)
I made my own background "paper" with the big scalloped tag by stamping the background with a water drop stamp.
added some tulle to this as well, think this will be my new addiction :) I picked it up at Hobby Lobby in Denver. I am so going to pick up more when I am home next time in southern VA.
Well that is it, it is hot and we have been without air for a week. Good news the Sears tech. is finally suppose to come out today so I am at home waiting and sweating. haha...but I think I may do a little scrapping in between work stuff.
have a great day, stay cool
xo-

16 comments:

  1. milkcan2:42 PM

    Awesome stuff! I'm so glad that you had a great time at the crop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pages, Vee!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt B.G.3:04 PM

    Love your layouts Vee. Great work as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that crop sounds like fun-wish I could have been there ;)

    wonderful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm feelin ya on the a/c - ours gets replaced Thurs! it'll be nice get sleeping bags out of the family & dining room!
    you already know i love those l/os.
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you had a great time...love your new LOs =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love hobby lobby...wish it was closer here, but i'm going to ohio at the end of the month and i am definitely stopping there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO glad you had fun at the crop! Your new pages look great,and you're so right,time does fly! Saadiq and Lincoln would have fun paying together I am sure... something to remember when we plan a get together!! LOL... :) Hope you got your AC back, it is not a good week to be without it. (99 here today!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so bummed i missed out on the crop!
    sounds like a fun time went down those.
    you new layouts are super too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, you've been without air for a week! I'm so sorry :( Hopefully that sears guy will fix it right away!

    love the LO btw and I can totally understand the hambly rub-ons and not wanting to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like you had fun and i love the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sister is beautiful and so are your layouts!!

    It is so nice to get out and crop with people that share our passion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous LOs Vee - glad you had a great time at the sis crop! I'm so loving the stamped tag on your Saadiq LO.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vee, as usual your layouts rock my world! I so wish I could have been there on Sat, sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealouse...I need a HL!! Love the water drop stamps...so cool! I can't believe they grow ups so fast...bittersweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo