a glue story

I want to tell you a little story-
There was once a crafty girl that went on a hunt for new treasures at Michael's. She entered the store and went straight to her favorite section, paper. She very quickly noticed with her little eye some of her favorite cork paper in stock in plentiful amounts and quickly grabbed her some sheets because she thought you can never have too much cork. Quickly she wondered what Martha is up to so she went to Martha's scrap supplies and eyes some lovely punches. hmmmmm, she thought I love them because so many rock them but I think I will wait, so she moves onto the glue. Wow, so much glue and at great prices, wide-tip glue pen for $3.99!! It will be perfect for some many things she thinks!! So off to the register she goes happy as can be because she has stayed on budget. But soon her bubble is broken because the $3.99 glue is really $6.99, Martha, say what?!!!!!!!!!! After the initial shock she pays but with great regret. :( Later that week she starts to scrap and is using some clear elements and thinks let's put this chanel glue to work, and guess what?! She loves it and thinks this is the best glue evah because it goes on smooth, thin, applicator is sturdy, dries clear and it is perfect!!!!! This will be used on everything she thinks in small small small doses. :)

I am really feeling circles and the way Tina, Dina and Ashely have been rocking them, so this is my lift on their circle awesomeness. Some of said glue was used on this layout, it is so good!

daily cards, representing obama and lost on them. :) So ready for tomorrow night to watch it. :)
eta: the glue is Martha Stewart wide tip liquid glue
xo


21 comments:

  1. Love your layouts. Love your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your story....so funny and love your circle layouts...great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha I picked up some of her glue too but it was the glitter glue...which means I PURCHASED GLITTER!!! LOL This coming from someone who HATES glitter...must be the Martha Stewart thing lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that layout, love the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love that lo Vee!!!
    and your glue story was cracking me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT STORY Vee!
    Soo glad it wasn't what I thought you were going to say (that you had gone to the store got a bunch of stuff only to have the glue spill open onto everything). What brand of glue is it anyway?

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Starbucks LO woman! KILLER job my friend!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and you're not even going to tell us which glue it was??????

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you get this often but i love your work and I dont do scrap or nothing really related to that kind of things but i am into all art and everything that haves to do with creating. Been seen your works for day and I love it. ohh this glue story is superb that happens a lot to me the SAY WHAT!! ahh materials and their prices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha.. I was checking out Martha yesterday too. Love that mug layout and your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the end could read... And the little girl enabled her friend, who always loves good product advice. Her friend said, "well kiss that ten bucks goodbye. Blast that MArtha and her great products!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. lolat the glue story. You shoulda used your 40% off coupon!! I have 2 this week and plan on spending them wisely. Definitely putting that glue on my list.

    LOVE that LO!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU rock the circles! you know your lost card has a special place in my heart, girl.. now, does the girl dry clear on a transparency??

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable story. Might have to check that glue out. LOVE the circles too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. elizabeth1:34 AM

    So glad she decided to share her glue-worthy story. I've been looking for some fantastic clear-drying glue so she's given me an excuse for a second trip to Michael's this week :)

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to try some of this fab glue. Sounds perfect. Loving the dailies. Especially the lost reference.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy scrappiness.
    how big is the container of $6.99 glue?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am definitely digging your story, brilliantly told and absolutely understandable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha, love your story!! im so glad the glue works so well! :) I MIGHT try some of it but that IS expensive! :P greeeaaat layout and dailies! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. my gosh, girl...your creativity is never-ending!! LOVE IT. The art journal is great and I love the idea of going to Home Depot for acrylic.
    Thanks for the ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your story. may have to get some of that good glue... love your layout!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo