breaking free...

and it is off!
okay, so i am stepping outside my box and sending in my entry for Memory Makers Masters
....eek I know!!!!
I am totally afraid of failure, rejection and all the neg stuff but I can truly say that I am happy with my layouts! I only submitted to one other contest since I started scrapbooking almost eight years ago. I worked on my entry for off and on since June but finally completed the last two layouts Tuesday night. What I can say is that I know I will not wait until the twelfth hour to a supply list ever again. I do not even use that much product and it took me forever! I also learned that it is better to go to a local print shop versus office depot or kinkos (yeah learned that after going there and another imaginary place referred by business one).

and speaking of breaking free... one more day until Breaking Dawn!! I don't think I have ever been this excited for a book release!! The quotes especially the last few ones, have my mind in a tissy! I can't wait to get it tomorrow at midnight. I am on the road again to see my mom so I am going to stop at a B&N on the way to get the book, already have my copy reserved. She retired from her 30+ job yesterday. We are so proud her because she is like the hardest working person I know and she deserves it! On tap for tomorrow's fun list is also a trip to Chuckie Cheese, it is on the Saadiq's summer list so we going there for a few hours of tortue fun! I take them there every once in a blue moon because I am convinced the place is riddled with germs. But that is what they want to do! :)
Have a great weekend!
xo
p.s.
--- and where in the world did july go?!!!!

23 comments:

  1. Aunt BG10:08 AM

    Hey, I am the first one to respond. Yeah! Anyways, I taped Stephanie Meyers for you Vee who was on GMA. I hope that you were able to see part of it. I am so excited that you decided to submit your layouts to Making Memories. I hope that they see how wonderful your creations are and if they don't then someone else will:) At least you tried and that's not failing. I hope that you have a good day. I will talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Break some scrappy scissors! Don't fear any of that bureaucratic nonsense. You are a wonder when it comes to your art.

    And July flew by knowing we were anticipating our next date with the air conditioning! Meet you at B&N {i'll just be on my side of the planet...snicker}

    ReplyDelete
  3. keeping my fingers crossed for you with making memories, even though i know you are a shoe in! your layouts are always fabulous!
    i was a fool and did not reserve a copy but i am hoping to get my hands on one first thing saturday morning. now THAT'S what i need to be crossing my fingers for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, wasn't i supposed to see you in July? my bad. hee hee. aug is like a freight train, but hope we catch up! blessings to your mom. and let's chat on Sunday after we finish reading Breaking Dawn :)
    i'm so proud of you for entering! you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Good for you, regardless of the outcome. Some of these mags can definitely use a serious refresher..you'd be a much welcome addition :)
    Oh, and congrats to Mom..what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Vee!!!! Congrats on sending in the box!! Best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A.L. Williams4:08 PM

    Good Luck Veronia!!! Wishing u the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck! it is such an accomplishment to even send off an entry!

    and i have heard SO much about breaking dawn in the last few days, i think i will have to look into this series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your entry. I hope it goes well I am sure it will.

    As for Breaking Dawn I am so there with you!!! My sister and I are going but across the country (she is lucky and gets her book 2 hours before me).

    She wants me to make some pages for her so she can scrap it. I am reading twilight now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO SO SO very proud of you girl! no matter what...YOU ARE ALWAYS A MASTER IN MY BOOK....and I am sure the layouts are amazing! Have fun at CC & we will have to CHAT about BD!.....I think there will definitely be a bite in Bella's future!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing you luck on your contest entry! you are truly one talented woman and deserve it. & kudos for jumping right in and sending it off

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree...where did July go? How sad. I love summer.

    Congratulations on putting together an entry for Memory Makers. That is awesome and I am cheering you on!

    OK...Chuck E. Cheese? He scares me. I scare him. We stay away from each other. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you tried for MMM! You have a wonderful style! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Vee! No worries on the MMM contests. You're an awesome scrapper! Hope you win big. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sasha2:22 PM

    Good Luck Vee .. definately need new fresh faces in the magazines .. you definately have a shot at it..very inspiring scrapper .. I know we never talk but hey you have a supporter on this end of the map

    ReplyDelete
  16. for reals. you ROCK
    and how dare you be afraid of rejection?! i know they'll see the amazingness and be floored. I sure am everytime I look at your work. Thanks for doing this for yourself. Even though you might be scared or whatevs. I am SO rooting and cheering you on!
    :)
    d

    ReplyDelete
  17. You totally deserve to win!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your stuff is awesome! Their loss if you don't win!! ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. good luck Vee! I think your work is AMAZING and if they are smart, they will surley choose you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so glad you entered MMM...will so be looking for your name!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo