upgrade,upgrade and happy 4th...

another Thursday favorites
1. Just a spoonful of bokeh, makes the medicine go down ;o), 2. Ooh, you're so knotty!, 3. Untitled, 4. tiger*lily*toy, 5. untitled, 6. Untitled, 7. The Brick House, 8. squared., 9. Day 253 - It is not down in any map; true places never are., 10. Bubble Bokeh, 11. whisper baby pink, 12. Untitled
I was bored at the look of my blog, so I decided to upgrade it a bit. Nothing too fancy but I love it and it so me! I did have a weak moment and tried to set up a new blog in typepad. Woah, I am so typepad illiterate and was not trying to learn an entire new program, so I quickly shut that shitz down and skipped my 30ish old brain back to blogger. I know people love it but I think I will stay with blogger for my sanity and familiarity. Photo today courtesy of my favorites from flickr. :) I really love bokeh and muted colors lately! I can't wait to have the day off tomorrow to enjoy some good grilled food, photo taking,watermelon, pool time, bike riding and fireworks! DC has great fireworks, I am going to see some in Old Towne but we also have some awesome ones in my town that I can see from our yard too which the children really enjoy every year. My mom will be here too so I can't wait to spend some time with her and we are also tackling some house projects around here. I will have some projects to share next week that I am excited about. Also anxiously awaiting this awesome mini kit from k.

I finished The Five People You Meet in Heaven last week. It was short an enjoyable and easy read. It has a life lesson that I think everyone should adapt to their lives. I do believe that every person you meet or known has a purpose in your life even if you don't know it. They have an affect on you even when you don't know it. So if you looking a good and meaniful read I highly suggest this book. I am starting A Thousand Splendid Suns, I know the author is famous for The Kite Runner. ...well that is all that is going on in my neck of the woods.
happy 4th of july!!
xo

12 comments:

  1. Great new look - congrats.

    I have read all the books you have mentioned in today's post and they are all fantastic. You are about to have a real experience with a Thousand Splendid Suns.... It's a great book which evokes many emotions with every page you read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorite books! Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks great! Fabulous favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have A Thousand Splendid Suns on my desk to be read...as soon as I finish The Appeal by Grisham. Let me know how you like it.

    Cute new banner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new look Vee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I don't blame you on the typepad thing. Way to confusing for me too.
    Love your flickr and hope you have a fantastic 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look! You are great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the new look! Let me know how A Thousand Splendid Suns is, it's on my list. AND, I finally finished Twilight and I'm SO ready to go out and grab the next book :)

    Hope you have a great 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new banner!

    A Thousand Splendid Suns is so good. I read that even before the Kite Runner and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVED 1000 Splendid Suns, I could NOT put it down, let me know how you like it K???

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy belated 4th!
    hope you had a great holiday!
    love your new banner!
    and those photos, love the knotty and the cupcake ones the best. tfs.
    happy sunday, vee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UE 934vT#$$@#$@# IRC#$I((^(*&* V3.....girl I just love you. What more can I say. I can come here and get color inspiration. I can come here and get a creative boost. I love that about you. You are super talented and I thing we all are waiting for a book. Oh...and I would like mined signed please. ^----^

    -Karla

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo