it's a good look ♥

58.365 getting ready

I had a great birthday, thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes. It all started on Friday with a lunch date with Mel and some fun shopping at IKEA. They have the cutest Christmas decor, I know last week I said I was ready for Thanksgiving, but after seeing all the new holiday decor I am so excited for Christmas! I picked up this cute star here and this wreath below. It's perfect for me to have up year round, just change the ribbon with the season. I love clean lined pieces like this.

the perfect wreath.

My birthday was filled with good food, drinks,lots of presents, family and a night out with my girls. It was so fun in the city since it was HU homecoming. We went to LIV and to our surprise Pete Rock was the guest dj for the night!! I know you remember , I Reminisce (T.R.O.Y) by Pete Rock and CL Smooth.... He was awesome and your girl got in free and free Nouvo once we were inside. That drink is awesome, it is champagne and vodka, so so good! We had so much fun danced really hard to to old school grooves- took us back! Plus it was my sister's first time out in the city with us so it made the night even more special and fun. We tried to go into Ben's Chilli's Bowl for a late night snack afterwards but that place was bananas!!

Fall is finalling in the DMV, we had our first frost last night!!! Not sure if I am ready for colder weather yet but I guess I need to get ready, lol. So much on tap for the week, Saadiq's birthday is Wednesday, sleepover on Friday, High School Musical 3 and we plan to go to the pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins too! I can't wait!!!
xo

17 comments:

  1. Happy Be-lated Birthday. Sounds like you had a really good day! Cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vee! Where do you pumpkin patch? I didn't know our IKEA had Christmas stuff, that's awesome! Love the My wearables layout below, you've got such a unique approach to the SC kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy you had a great day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your day rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOod to read you had a great bday Diva .. and I need to go to Ikea for the first time eva. LOL .. Happy Bday Saadiq and have fun at the pumpkin patch, hope yours was better than ours here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy to hear you had a lovely birthday. it sounds like it was a great day. sorry i couldn't be there to have lunch with you and mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated birthday - sounds like you had a lovely one! Lovin' that cool wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you had a good birthday. Every year you get is cause for a huge celebration. And to top it off you saw Pete Rock...now I'm jealous

    I love me some IKEA. Between that place and Tarjay, i stay broke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday Vee!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a good party and I didn't know you were a mom to a scorpio too! cool!
    we are seeing HSM 3 this week too. it looks good
    if it is cool here then you know its freezing here, already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a wonderful b-day. Sounds like so much fun. Happy B-day to Saadiq when it comes. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great Birthday. Love that picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there vee!
    happy belated birthday!
    october rocks, my bday is next week:)
    blessings,
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a reaaally nice evening! :) and that drink seems goodygood ;)

    Gotta go to Ikea and look at that christmas decor! Also like that clean style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had a great bday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated birthday! I adore that self portrait you took.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo