holiday cheer

This weekend was filled with holiday cheer, especially yesterday, good times! The kids and I got all diy with holiday decor and it was so much fun. Below is a wreath I made with their help! I made my foundation of my wreath from cardboard and cut a circle with my Creative Memories circle cutter system, still love those tools! I had S2 punch out a million circles in two different sizes and fold them in half so that some have a pop up effect on the wreath. I love the way it turned out, for more ideas on how to make your own wreaths check out Elise, she is the holiday diy guru. :)

circle wreath

I picked some branches from our tree in the backyard, it needed a little pruning anyway! :) Synai and I added the ornaments, voila! I say this beats racking leaves any day!! It was so cold, but will have to do it next weekend for sure! :)

deck the halls

We made some chain garland too but I haven't taken photos yet, still need to add some more links :)


Only made one page for my december daily, but I hope to make another one tonight as well as start on some dt projects. Here is to another week and two weeks to Christmas! :)

december daily 4.

p.s. if you would like a wreath leave me your name and I will pick a winner on Wednesday. I wasn't playing when I said millions of circles were punched, so I had enough to make two wreaths!

33 comments:

  1. hi vee,
    happy monday!
    what a beautiful journal you're creating! i've accumulated many xmas supplies, yet...haven't started mine yet. yikes! and xmas will be here before we know it. LOL.
    i love your pretty decorated branches, too.
    blessings,
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...i would LOVE to have one of those adorable wreaths! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I would LOVE a wreath! It's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the wreath!
    if i put ornaments up too close to my dog that small, he'd eat them lol so im jealous of how cute yours look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i looove the wreath! i'm all about wreaths this year for some reason. and your dec daily inspired me to do one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is toooooo adorable! I would love one, and most likely will make one myself too anyways! =) Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the branch and the wreath. thanks for a fun blog and the chance to win

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i ADORE the wreath! I commented on SIS too. :]
    Thanks SO much for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great little wreath!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving all the pretty colors! The branch idea is great - I was thinking of doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your photos, as always. also that wreath is brilliant and super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey v!
    delish little decor gf! love it! :)
    good thing the kiddos were on hand to punch those circles....hummmm, good thing for my Jman to do! :)

    LOVING your daily entries.
    LOVING.
    cp

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your wreath is fabulous!!!
    I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love that wreath...such a great idea, might just have to make a few of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your December dailies are killin me. I should have done this! ak!

    And your wreath= too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Neat idea with the branch and ornaments. Love the wreath! And I like the latest on your D.D.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Vee! Loved the wreath and I'd love to win it! :)
    Or I might just make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your little wreath! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful wreath! And what a great idea with the branch and ornaments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are creative home décor ideas for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:16 AM

    i would love a wreath! robin

    ReplyDelete
  22. love the wreath!! i was just thinking, could i have the patience to do it though? NOT!! thanks for the opportunity to possibly win one...i would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your decorations Vee!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that wreath is absolutely delightful!!
    so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your branch tree! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous5:23 PM

    that is just about the cutest "stressfree" craft and so cherry.
    loving your journal.

    lynda in calif

    ReplyDelete
  27. alright, i just came by to say 'hey', but that wreath...eeeek! i'll totally throw my hat in the ring if you don't mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your project thus far, but the wreath is the bestest!! :-) yes i know improper english, but seriously, that wreath is rockin!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. ALL your creations--FAB! I love the wreath, but don't consider me in the drawing, since London is a long way to send a paper wreath. Thanks though--we are totally going to make one here :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. That wreath is insane!!! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  31. that wreath is utterly adorable! Makes me want to grab my circle punch and create! Love the twigs with your bulbs. and I sadly admit when I saw your December daily I thought about the book (even though the picture clearly suggests otherwise!).

    ReplyDelete
  32. one word for you:

    OFFDACHAIN.

    HUGS
    SASHA

    heehee love ya going to catch up on your posts now..

    ReplyDelete
  33. Girl that wreath is TOO CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo