and my week has gone a little something like this


I went to Raphael Saadiq's concert at the 9:30 club last night with some of my girls and it was the best concert I have seen in a long time! WOW, he is such a gifted real musician and performer! I should have preface that I saw him once before when he was a part of Lucy Pearl and it was great but as a solo artist is where Raphael truly performs. Everything from the backup singers, to the live bad and sound was phenomenal. I love the 9:30 club, it is a great venue to see artist in a smaller atmosphere in the DC area. He did perform this song, songs from his current album last night as well as the classics like: Ask of You,It Never Rains(in Southern California),Anniversary,Feels Good and (Lay Your Head on My) Pillow. I was loving the flash back to back in the day when we used to pump them on the ghettoblaster, okay just totally dated myself, ha! The video is not from last night but it is just like a set he performed last night. This man is the real deal and I need his genes because he looks the same! :)


Synai lost her first tooth last Friday! I tried to pull it that morning and of course she wouldn't let me but let her auntie b. pull it as soon as she ask. Why do children do their mommy's that way, pray tell?! lol, well she was happy to have the tooth fairy pay her a visit and also cementing the fact that she is indeed a big girl now!
snaggles ;)

storyteller...

A picture of my other little boo, just because he is just so cute to me. :) In the mornings, he comes (well they both do) into my room and is so full of conversation. It tickles me because I am always wondering how can you have these full conversations just as you wake up, first thing! :)He is in the middle of one here, it is grainy but I love it just the same. :)

I am doing a lot of scrapping this week! :) So that is my week so far and the cherry on tip for today is LOST! I hope Sawyer lays down the law to Jack again this week! They should have added a partn-a at the end of his line last week, because he sure brought it to Jack, yeah pick your face up Jack because their is a new sheriff in town! loves it!!! ;)
xo



13 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOH those songs take me baaaaaaaaaaaaaak Vee! No i'm totally singing Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video!
    Your kids are growing FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE Raphael Saadiq! Thanks so much for sharing the clip of him. He does indeed look the same! What is his secret?

    I'm glad you had a fun time! I've been following your blog for a few days now--google reader recommended you and I love your scrapbooking style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I lost a tooth, I always got a quarter from the t-fairy. Well, some of my friends at school told me that they were getting whole dollar bills! So, the next tooth I lost, guess what the tooth fairy found under my pillow? A note with my tooth attached saying "Can I please have more than a quarter this time?" hahaha I swear!!! My mom still has the note AND the tooth til this day! lol
    I am a sneaky little b@#$# aren't I!? hahaha
    :P
    B
    p.s. I got a dollar from then on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:37 AM

    vee-love your blog - always look forward to see what's next! what an awesome video - i can only imagine how fun that concert was...robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool girls night out! I too wonder that about the morning visits, it's bizarre isn't it that they have so much to say! And mine doesn't have all the pronouncation down either, but it doesn't stop him! I'm not loving this rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww...both your little boos are so so cute! and wasn't lost unbelievable?? i almost choked when sayid shot little ben even thought i totally saw it coming. i hope sawyer totally kicks jack's ass - i'm so much more a sawyer girl...(-;

    ReplyDelete
  9. yo! r. saadiq is awesome. you are so lucky to have seen him live like this. i love soooo many of his songs, with the tonies and solo. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a fabulous concert.. i thot i heard somewhere that he was part of toni,tony,tone. I have one of his songs on my ipod that i listen to when I'm working out and I love it. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kids are too cute. I don't know what that deal is about having conversations when you first wake up. I'm not a morning person, but my mom is and it drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. precious!!

    love those first stages of
    losing the teeth...how's she fare with the
    tooth fairy??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little munchkins are adorable!!! Just like their mother. I love Ralphael Saadiq, but I like him better with Tony, Toni, Tone! LOL I hear you have been a scrapping fool, me too! I posted to my blog already yesterday, can't wait for you to upload your scrappy goodness. You know you are my scrap hero!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo