dareness.

We have some fun new things planned for the dares, can't wait to share but some of the new things include getting in on the awesomeness that is social networking! You can follow us here now:
twitter
facebook
flickr
and always here The Dares
We are so excited to bring back the eff in the dares, hope you will be as well, exciting new things in the works...for real! So we are taking a break this week to work on the up and coming.

unplugged

It saddens my heart so with Michael Jackson's passing yesterday. I can still remember watching at the age of six perform on the 25th Anniversary of Motown, the moonwalk blew us all away. No one was badder than Michael and he knocked down the doors for so many to succeed, hello Thriller was the first African American video on MTV. I can remember like it was yesterday, everyone rocking the red leather pleather jackets he wore in the video. Kids everywhere trying to learn how to do the moonwalk and rocking the glittery glove. My sister, cousins and I used to pretend we were the Jackson 5. How excited to see his new work and video on Bad....it was sick! I was OBSESSED with the Jackson 5 cartoon and watched everything the Jacksons made appearances and performances on tv. Iconic and legend doesn't seem to explain his affect on a nation, generation or community...wow. Well I wanted to list some of my favorite songs, they are many but here are a few. I hope you will share yours as well. Just goes to show that each day is a gift, treasure it and your loved ones...
I'll Be There
Dangerous
Smooth Criminal
Never Can Say Goodbye
Bad
Thriller
PYT
The Girl is Mine
Man in the Mirror
Scream
Billie Jean
Human Nature
Dirty Diana
Break of Dawn
Whatever Happens
Invincible
Unbreakable
Remember the Time

15 comments:

  1. I have so many I can't choose!!!! I think PYT and Don't stop till you get enough are at the VERY top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I am so right there with you. I was obsessed! I will forever remember seeing him in concert -- THRILLER! The jean jacket with the pins, remember? I had several Michael pins. I have so many favorites it is hart to pick but here are a few!

    PYT
    Can't Help It
    Butterflies
    Human Nature
    Workin Day and Night
    Dirty Diana
    She's out of My Life
    Remember the Time
    Never Can Say Goodbye
    The Girl is Mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just listened to the Thriller album on my walk this morning...

    PTY all the way! It's a fav wedding song amongst my gal pals. But all of these... your entire list, I know and love. Except maybe Remember the Time because that had the painful video with Lisa Marie. Talk about awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess great minds think alike. I blogged about the very same thing today! LOL My favorite song is OFF THE WALL, but here are some other favs:
    Don't stop to you get enough
    Rock With you
    Human Nature
    Wanna Be Starting Something
    PYT
    Never Can Say Goodbye
    I wanna be where you are
    Butterflies
    Remember the Time
    Liberian girl
    Thriller
    The girl is mine
    Smooth Criminal
    Bad
    I can go on an on!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET "WORKING DAY AND NIGHT"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to show my age because I can't leave out what he did with his brothers. Stop the Love You Save May Be Your Own, Dancing Machine, I'll Be There, Rockin Robin, ABC, Whose Loving You, I Wanna to Be Where You Are, I Want You Back, Got To Be There...Ah the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spent all day yesterday listening to his greatest hits. Michael Jackson was my first concert ever, the Thriller concert!

    ReplyDelete
  8. terribly sad about michael jackson. love the dares, can't wait for them to be back in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, i was absolutely obsessed with MJ... had all kinds of pictures in my room, bubble gum cards, everything. I think I played that Thriller album until it was worn through... !
    I was so shocked, so young... :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! I think you listed all of my favs...i'm listening to this right now: "You Are Not Alone"

    I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh i can't wait to see what the dares have going on. i have been a fan since the very very first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sad....such a huge talent & such a big heart. He may have been a troubled eccentric man but I think there was sooooo much good in him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:10 AM

    my faves are never can say goodbye and human nature - glad to see you listed both! robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey Vee, just a heads up that your blog is featured on Craft Gossip today! :) http://scrapbooking.craftgossip.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girlll I have to many faves ... but I love ..

    Beat It
    Man in the Mirror
    PYT (is my shyt)
    Wanna be Startin SOmething

    man so many ...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo