a year ago.

About a year ago I decided to enter the Memory Makers Master contest. After my first trip to CHA I finished my entry and sent it off to Memory Makers with great deal of angst but a feeling of great accomplishment. I very rarely submit to calls, contests or publications so this was big for me personally. I was nervous and scared because it is frightening to put yourself out there. I will never forget the call from Patty and Katie, my heart about jumped out of my chest not to mentioning the screaming afterwards- all of this while in the car with my children...lol! With that said, it was an honor and a blessing to work with the people at MM as well alongside the incredibly talented masters team in 08/09.

I am sad that the magazine is no longer but happy that I took a leap for my personal goals and submitted to the contest. :) This week we are sharing our submissions to the contest at the Master's blog. I will have my full entry up tomorrow, check out the rest of the masters', entries because they are beautiful.
travel
As mention above I was inspired by my trip to Chicago, this is one of my entries, photo taken while I was siting on the floor waiting for Karla to check into her flight. We were going back home and I love to people watch...find it fascinating and always wondering where people are going, who they are going to see, etc... Not the best picture of the lo, since it was cloudy this morning, the cardstock is ultra black and I used all of my favorite products on my pages and lots of paint. I didn't know much about spray ink then, boy have times changed. :) Just a quick share and thank you!
Have a great Thursday!
xo

10 comments:

  1. I was really sad too. And you were the first person I thought of. I was so excited when you won!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see the lo/projects people submitt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout, looking forward to seeing the whole entry! So excited for you that you moved that mountain! What a feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sad that the mag closed too, I had finally talked myself into entering the week they made the annoncement. So glad you had the nerve to enter and the goals you have and are still achieving

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate it is closing, lincoln always LOVED getting the magazine down at Mikes or the LSS and going, Mom, is this Vee's scrapbook page? Is that Ronda's? :) So proud and happy for your time with them girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This LO is gorgeous and the photo is just fab! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww, dude - this page is fantastic. (and you are too!) so sad that MM is going away but love seeing your entries. you've got so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will totally miss this magazine and I LOVE your LO! You rock the paint for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO Vee! I have always loved MM and am so sad that it's going away! I was actually going to stop being a huge chicken and submit for the Master's contest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't realize MM was gone too! Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo