some inspiration.

My magazine/catalog collection (anthropologie, domino, urban outfitters, j.crew,crew cuts and O) has been stacking up for a while. I have stacks of them distributed throughout the house but it was getting a little out of hand. I finally was inspired last night to start pulling the images, colors, poses,fashion combos and decor elements that I love all together in a mini-binder album.
The cover is a work in progress.
inspiration book

inspiration pages

inspiration pages

I lined the inside of it with the fabulous letterpress inspired anthro catalog from this spring. Snippets of it are sprinkled throughout as well as pics of family, friends, tv icons (yes... Mariska) and atc's.This will be a source of inspiration for me in creativity and life. I love having it all in one place and hope to continue to make additional journals as each one fills up. I know my style and likes/dislikes will change but that is part of the fun...correct?! :) What inspires you?

15 comments:

  1. oooh GORGEOUS vee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Vee!! I need to start getting all those catalogs again when I go back home to Miami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh aahhhhh - love the cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, m'dear, verrrry cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this vee! I save my catalogs and make cards out of them but then I never want to part with them! Rad rad rad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cover may be a work in progress, but it's already soooo rad! ahhh to peak into that book at all the lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. another awesome project! thanks for sharing :)

    vee, you used that ampersand during our class. i find it really pretty. would you mind sharing where you got it from? thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the cover!!! i made a summer mini but havent done anything with it yet...im so horrible at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so inspiring Vee! I want to see more! It was very nice meeting you at CHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. tara pollard pakosta11:10 AM

    soo pretty!
    you inspire me!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great ideer girl, great ideer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice idea! i like product catalogs/ads from places i like to shop: coach, tiffany's, black house/white market, pottery barn kids, MAC and burpee co, to name a few. love that inspiration is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo