9.09.09

spy birthday party inspiration
1. blackwhiteyellow 3.lupin
4.greenolivetextiles
Happy 9.09.09, oh and happy hump day too! :) I am in the starting stages of planning Saadiq's birthday party. He will be 9 next month! For the last two years he preferred sleepovers but this year he wants a party. I love to throw parties and missed the planning, anticipation, cooking and freak outs that all makes for a good time,lol.

So a few months ago I asked him what he wanted and he said a wrestling party. I thought ok, he is really into wrestling even has Synai crying over Jeff Hardy leaving Raw the other week! I tried to find some suma wrestler suits to rent because I thought it would be so cute, interactive, "safe" and fun but that idea had to be quickly scrapped since it appears they are not for rent in my area.  I started brainstorming of all the other things that he loves and it finally clicked yesterday...spies. He loves spies, ninja, army, etc... all that stuff. This is what I am working with as my inspiration for the decor.  It will all be diy, found a cute template for moustaches yesterday for the "photobooth" area where the kids can take photos and act silly in costumes (hats,glasses, wigs). My plan is to take polaroids and digital so they can take the polariod with them as part of their favor.  I also plan to make banners in the color theme and have lots of nines hopefully in different fonts displayed around the house with balloons too. I have a few ideas for "spy" games, trying to make it fun for adults as well! The dress for the party will be everyone arrive in black since it is around halloween too! Now I have to start thinking about the invitations....

15 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see what you come up with. The spy theme sounds like so much fun and perfect even for Halloween...can I come?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love your ideas and inspiration for such a cute birthday party! You are definitely going to need to make a post of the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for the photo booth!! I'm sure it'll be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea & those mustaches are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh. i wanna come to that party!! sounds like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about an "Eye Spy" invitation....A photo invitation that includes lots of 9's and also some of his favorite things. Include a photo of him somewhere on the photo as well. Just an idea..Couldn't help myself when I thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't wait to see what u come up with cuz I know it will be FAB !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those felt mustaches are adorable....looks like you've got a great springboard for your son's party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you have a 9-year-old! You look fabulous! Happy birthday to Saadiq and happy 9-9-9.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lucky young man to have such a caring, creative, and organized mom! I'm sure everything will be just perfect...great idea about the polaroids- I need to invest in one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh my gosh vee, i love the idea of the photobooth. And those mustaches are so much fun!!! You are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how fun! I need to start planning Evan's 10th. I may have to borrow a couple of your ideas;)Hope your Friday and weekend is super!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! I adore those mustaches!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like so much fun! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo