hi there, it's been a while

two days at 33.

Hi there, finally getting back into the groove for the week. I had a great birthday on Sunday and thank you all who left and sent me birthday wishes on fb, twitter and txt. I really had a very nice day with my family. It was awesome, full of giggles, love, celebration and sweetness. I feel very blessed to be able to celebrate being 33! :)

to sew...

Evey year on my birthday I make a goal to do something or learn something new- no matter how big or small. I look forward to doing this every year, Sunday morning I was looking through my newspaper and saw that Target had their sewing machines so sale. It click...I have always loved how stitching looks on layouts and wanted to always do it on my projects as well. So we went out to the store and I purchased my very first sewing machine! :) I am so excited and having so much  fun being crazy with it on paper.

stitched atc

Totally just going with the creative flow of it and enjoying the  learning process  and having fun! :) I am by no means perfect at sewing on paper but it is...ok. I made a few new atc cards this morning and here is a sneak at another layout for the Nov. Cocoa Daisy kit.

brown eyes sneak

I can't believe Halloween is next week, October is almost donezo, and that I will have a nine year old in two days! :) I love  fall, family,a four day work week and life, hope you are having a good day too!
xo

16 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday, and those ATCs look like art! WOW. so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh happy belated birthday! i am so excited for halloween too. i'm dressing up as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday! Sounds like it was wonderful! And I can't wait to wee the entire layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for the sewing machine!! I don't know what I would do without mine!! I LOVE it!

    Beautiful ATC's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have bragging rights for sure!!

    YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE 20!! not 33! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good birthday. It IS a blessing to get one year older. Thanks for the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had a great bday! Hey, I never heard from Karla regarding the class I won here. Should I contact her?

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated bday!

    your atc's are just magical {sigh}

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear you had a wonderful b-day...your portrait is gorgeous! And love your new sewing skills...I purchased a sewing machine about 7 years ago with big plans to use it (yeah,not so much), so I gave it to my aunt. Now, there have been so many times I wanted the to sew on my layouts, but hub is skeptical about me using it ;( Anywho- excited to see what wondeful things you create with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow those are awesome! it does SO much for your layouts..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vee! Happy belated birthday! Love the first picture, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated birthday. That photo of you is awesome! Sewing machines are so fun, enjoy yours, or I should say keep enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:59 AM

    i LOVE the picture of you - very very pretty! robin

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy belated birthday!!

    and happy soon to be nine year old too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must get a sewing machine - every time I see stitching on pages I think that's exactly that last little bit that my pages need!
    Love those atcs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome that you got a sewing machine. I still live at home so I just jack my mom's. :D Love those atcs. Thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo