temporary empty nester

photo credit: the selby

that's me for the next week,s2 are off to their nanas for the week for spring break which leaves me flying solo for a week.
does that mean a long week of partying,late nights and in jammies all day hmmm... no, well maybe the last one, lol
but i do have plans.... nothing spectacular and probably boring to most but i am pretty excited about organzing their closets and mine.  things are totally out of control and i am going to do a BIG purge this week.
my closet currently looks a lot like the picture above (minus the wire hangers) and it is driving me insane!
and lets face it any excuse to go to ikea is a bonus for me, lol.
any plans for the weekend that you would like to share?
happy friday!
xo

11 comments:

  1. ooh i love purging/spring cleaning! have fun!! scrap some, too! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh MY! I love to purge! Spring Cleaning is the love of my life right now! Share pictures when you're done of your newly organized heavenly closets! Glad you're so motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vee, I'm shipping my kiddies off for the week too! i am going to lounge for the weekend with my Love and then after work all week will be complete freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. does not sound borring at all. something i need to do in the worst way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. as much as i adore my kids, I have always loved the alone time, especially when I was a single mom. enjoy the week!! be sure to do something for Vee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived close so we could go get some coffee ;)

    I'll be hanging out around the house tomorrow, doing much of the same. Purge, purge, purge. Maybe getting Bo to finally build me those bookshelves he's been promising.

    Oh, and going to see West Side Story tonight. Yay for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummmmmmmm. My last one at home will be gone next week as well. I'll miss him bunches but I'm so looking forward to the quiet. I also have my grandson after school, but he'll be at his other grandparents' house. I'm already running the hot water and bubbles in the tub... BTW.. I have finally started a blog! Please drop in soon when you get a moment! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh enjoy your spring cleaning, Vee!! I'm finishing up my kitchen redecorating! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Spring cleaning too. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love spring cleaning! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how nice to have time to yourself!
    We're back in the States and on my way to Trader Joes's, Barnes and Noble and Victoria Secret (since my bras were stolen out of my suitcase...)to soak up some of the US stores...This next weekend San Fran for some Anthro, Urban Outfitters and clam chowder!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo