keeping it one hundred

before:

after:






I tweeted a sneak of my closet reorganize last week when I was done. I had a few questions on how I did it and such but for me it was easy as this:if I hadn't worn it in a year I purged it!! (included shoes,clothes and boxes/hangers)which was taken to my local salvation army thrift store and recylcing center respectively.

I didn't have anything installed or redone,worked with the closet system that I currently have and was determined not to buy anything new. I couldn't let go of the cute boxes that my tory's came in so I used them as an organizing tool to store my hats and candles. I also used some box tops to place my shoes on so they can be displayed and seen easily. If everything has a home it is all good. I put all of my bulky scarves in a crate box under my portable clothes rack, as well as my extra throw pillows for when I take them off the bed.

For me it was easiest to organize by color. I also keep all of my purses in their dust bags, which made it really easy to store too.

The real challenge is to keep it looking like this...lol. I am guilty of coming home and just dropping throwing my clothes into the closet, currently working on that bad habit. But for real is my home squeaky clean no, is is lived in yes and that is just the way i like it. :)
xo

9 comments:

  1. love how this turned out VEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoe box lid idea! My closet is in desperate need of organization. Right now, thing that drives me bonkers the most is that the previous owner installed the shelves without thinking about the door needing to open. But every ounce of wrack is in use, so there's not much I can do. And I have the hardest time getting rid of things. There's always that "what if" in the back of my mind. What if I could use this shirt for my halloween costume this year? What if we by chance get invited to a SUPER formal dinner and I need that purse? What if I finally buy an outfit that these shoes will match? Sometimes, I wish I could punish my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, so inspiring and everything looks great, espesh how you color-organized! i need to do huge amounts of spring cleaning and make some garage sale piles. (your tory boxes are gorgeous!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang, girl! this rocks. hope you keep it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn... do it girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love and I like when my house is lived in.....no way do I want it to feel stuffy!!!

    LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! It looks so great all organized. :) And I think I have the same Pepsi crate - I use it for dvd's, though! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is on my to do list for this weekend. PURGE clothes, but I'm afraid I won't have anything in there once I'm done. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!!! Come to my house and help me purge and organize by color and then we'll scrap as a reward and paint our nails pretty Esse colors as a reward;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo