back in the day

wonder years
(all products from the studio calico documentary line)

as i become older i have become very reflective-certain memories will pop into my mind at the strangest times...you too? I thought dare 168 was perfect to sum up my childhood memories. We used to love watching the Wonder Years, where are you now Fred Savage?! :) I loved the music on the show, so nostalgic! As with life you take the good with the bad but in the end it is the memories and family that means the most! I love old photos and these are even more special because they survived after our home caught fire (my father perished in the fire) in 2004. Our house was rebuilt but you always become more sentimental with the little things and when a life is lost. okay, I didn't mean to write all of this but just plain and simple, photos taking and documenting should mean a lot and I think we think that what we do sometimes is just a hobby, it is way more than that.

In these pictures are my father's sister, mother (they remind me of him so much), my sister when she was baby ( so so cute and reminds me of Synai in this picture) and a childhood friend who we loved (even though she was a teenager here she would always come to our birthday parties...that is me in the corner!)
xo

*by the way i am in love with the mister huey spray inks, have a new favorite color to mist with: SCHOOLHOUSE (red), who would have thunk it right?!

4 comments:

  1. omg vee! i'm so sorry to hear how your father passed...i knew he did but never asked you how! so sad and scary! i always tell my husband that if our house caught on fire, i would die if i lost my pictures! esp ones of my mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing layout!!! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so dang lovely. you know that fred savage was actually at one of the parties I worked a few months back? It rocked. I took his jumping photo. can't wait to get my hands on some Huey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that LO---and I'm trying to think if I have any old pictures here to do that dare...

    I saw above that your dad passed? Vee, I'm so sorry. I wish I was there to give you a hug. Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo