the gravy not the essence


About five months ago I submitted a few projects to Somerset Memories and they were picked up but I had no idea that one of them would land on the cover!I was floored when Jana sent me the email but I had no idea which layout they used but I was tickled pink to to be on the cover, never in a million years did I think this would happen or even thought about it. Submitting to calls do not come naturally for me, i just create for me first and submit when I have the time or initiative.  The current autumn issue is on sale now at Borders and AC Moore too.

This really is a great issue of the magazine, one of my favorite artists, Dina is in it as well! If you have followed my blog for a while, you know about my love of minis and one of my favorites is featured in an article in which I explain in detail how I created the album and my inspiration behind it.

ETA: Somerset Memories like Scrapbook Trends has a general submission where you can submit projects that fall outside of their current call section, that is what I submit to.
IMG_7941
in print: somerset memories autumn 2010
IMG_7949
Thank you for reading and I hope you are having a fantastic day! One more day until the weekend!! I hear we are supposed to have fabulous weather in the DMV this weekend, perfect fall football weather!
xo

23 comments:

  1. Yay - congrats Vee! Super excited for you :) Your lovely creations deserve the spotlight. What about this call from SS prompted you to respond? Just curious. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey!! how awesome!! congrats on the cover, you cover girl!

    amazing projects as always, love!

    xoxo
    cp

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I am TALKING ABOUT BOSS .. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that .. CONGRATS to you girl .. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i am so excited for you!!! i am always so inspired by you. this is so awesome. congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, girl! I always love your work - so glad you're getting some well deserved props! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your cover Vee! Somerset is a great magazine to work with!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the pub and espcially being a Cover Girl!!! Gorgeous Work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. COngrats cover girl, what a great news. I love your work, you really deserve this! Can´t wait to get that issue and look at your creations. Congrats again:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you Vee, these projects are so awesome. They totally deserve to be published, so glad more people will see them. I love your style woman!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! I picked up that issue because of your cover project and continued to look thru it....love all the good stuff inside. It's now on my bedside table to peruse tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrat's Vee, what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got mine at Joanne Fabrics when I emailed you---I'm so proud of you, but totoally NOT surprised! I love that mini book, all the photobooth fun and Jen and misting and paint-love!
    I'm mailing you something tomorrow, so be on the lookout!
    Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is great...so happy for you!!
    REPRESENT, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, Vee! That is so great! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey vee. its vanessa from stampington here! so excited for your artwork to be on the cover!!! such an amazing issue of somerset memories! hope to see more submissions from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WWWWOOOOO HOOOO!!! finally!!! you are an amazing artist and SHOULD be on the cover :) *mwah*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Vee! A well-deserved front cover I must say!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW very awesome in deed:) YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. EEEK! so very very cool, vee! our LA adventures!!! i picked up my issue and your stuff is looking SO good in there – huge congrats, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. when i saw this in person, i totally squealed with joy! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  21. I picked up the magazine because of the cover and I am a sucker for non-traditional scrap booking. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. congrats girl. i picked up this issue cuz i saw your pretty little face donning the cover. You go girl!!! B&N has it too!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo