baby steps

green cleaning

If you have read my blog for a while you know every year I try to take one more step towards being more green. This year it is switching over to using natural bio-friendly cleaning products.
I thought it was time to make a change with the products I use since I clean almost everyday in some capacity.

I am in love with the Mrs. Meyers brand and what is even better they WORK! The packaging is made from recyclable materials and smells really good too ( a + in the winner winner category for me, I like to be able to smell a clean house, right?! RIGHT). This is what I am currently using: window spray (geranium), dish soap (lavender) and countertop spray (lemon verbena), the geranium is my favorite scent followed by lavender. I've picked these up at a variety of places, Target, Wegman's and even Home Goods but in the future I think I will order straight from their site because the germanium is hard to find in my area without having to drive all over the place.

three weeks to spring, yay!!!

xo

12 comments:

  1. good for you!! I often dabble in trying to use eco friendly products and then get sucked back into my comet and windex. I think I am addicted to their smells! One day I will make the change....hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lovelovelove mrs. meyers (and she's from Iowa ... mother of nine kids!) so she must know her stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this stuff too! it's hard to find in canada so whenever i'm in the states i visit good ole' target and lust over it :)i use method supplies though (I think you can get that in the states)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to try them but didn't want to unless they super worked. So glad to hear they do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mrs. meyers too! just started using as well, got the countertop spray in lavender, so yummy smelling! plus I use for everything, not just countertop. it says its fine on the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you, that is a great thing to be doing for you, your family and the environment. I love Meyers products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these products and they are getting harder to find in my area. I used to order direct from them but the shipping puts a bit of a damper on the price. I now buy it from Amazon, free shipping. I've tried just about all of their products and love them. I use lemon verbena for all the cleaning products but I have to have geranium for the hand wash, it's in all the bathrooms and next to the sink. Like I said, LOVE THEIR PRODUCTS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been meaning to check this brand out - thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K:
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/
    (there's a GIVE-AWAY)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you believe I googled Meyers Detergent and embedded in the search results it says my friend and blogger blogged about Meyers on March 3rd 2011!!!!!!!!!

    Google has gone above and beyond themselves NOW!!!

    Oh yeah I nearly forgot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.
    Juegos Friv - Colección de Juegosfrivas
    Kizi | Daily Games | Play Kizi 2 Online

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo