off duty: san francisco edition

I really had a fantastic time with my mom as we trekked around the bay area before my cousin's wedding last weekend. I hope my next trip will be a lot longer, i love cali!!

We love to eat and SFO,just opened their new terminal which is filled with good eats! First stop off the plane was Napa Farm Market, had the muffaletta! It was delish but I still want one from NOLA! :)
SFO muffaletta via Napa Farms market
warning: this is a very photo heavy post! :) bless your hearts if you make it to the end but if I don't put them up now I never will, so here we go!
and speaking of hearts, bless my mom's because I made to sure to give her my camera to take my photo on several occasions, she was a very good sport. Since we were still on east coast time, we are up and out of the hotel every morning exploring Old Oakland and drinking lots and lots of coffee. The weather was unseasonable cool and being we had just left the heat locker east coast, it felt very cold to us.
130.365
I love how everyone is so friendly and kind on the west coast, one of the baristas at Peets told us about the ferry, so we had to go and check out the details and schedule. I was sold the first moment it hit my ears, I love traveling by water! These fire boats were docked nearby, loved the reflection and colors mixed with the shipping containers in the background.
docked

Luckily for us there was a friday farmer's market right behind our hotel, it was so fantastic. We picked up some fresh fruit and I took photos of course. I love the abundance of gorgeous flowers available and for so cheap and don't get be started on the variety, so jelly of you west coasters! I love our markets too but the prices are higher of course.
fm
proof of our coffee consumption: caramel latte
peet's latte
128.365
our view of Alcatraz from the ferry, even at a far away distance it looked haunting to me.
alcatraz

docked at pier 41 and immediately started searching for some lunch! :) Crabs are not my favorite seafood but these looked yummy at one of the seafood stands!
west coast crabs

We had the best fish (haddock) and chips at sally's famous fishwich! It was a giant piece of fish, the photo makes it look small, good thing we had walked up an appetite!
fish and chips

I really loved all of the street performers too, live music, dancing, acrobatics but this guy asked me for a pic, lol.
street

Loved traveling to downtown San Francisco via cable car, our driver had jokes for days for tourist. We did a little bit of shopping and headed back to Oakland.
red cable

Saturday morning we took the BART up to UC, the campus is huge! Berkeley has a totally different vibe and so gorgeous, I liked it there!
UC Berkeley

Of course I had to introduce mommy to in-n-out, we took the BART and the bus to Pinole, it was worth the trip. her verdict: better than five guys, what?! I didn't agree with her there but now that I think about it in-n-out burgers are very similar to shack shake burgers; i like shack shake more because of their peanut butter milkshake,nom nom!
inout

The reason we went to ca was for my cousin's wedding. It was so nice and she was the happiest bride I've ever seen. She laughed down the isle, when she was in front of him and during different parts of their vows. It was so sweet and the day couldn't have been more perfect!
129.365
loved her shoes and he had spurs on the back of his!
kesha
love the colors of their wedding, very tropical and gorgeous!!
weddingscape
and basically that is my trip!! Thank you for reading and I hope you are enjoying your wednesday!
xo

12 comments:

  1. wow...talk about a whirlwind trip...loved all your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics, you are just too cute for words. Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, your photos are beautiful and now I need to go to San Francisco asap! Looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pics are so gorgeous, vee - i can't wait to see you scrap them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm headed to SFO in less than two weeks. This post just makes me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome photos! looks like so much fun and the bride is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing trip and an awesome wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab photos an you look like you had a blast! The muffaletta looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics! You are beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a wonderful time! You look real pretty in your glasses, they were a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, this made me so homesick!! I haven't been home in almost 2 years and I miss it so much. You and mom really did it up...perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just happened upon your blog and I am IN LOVE with this post!! I have looked at it no less than 10 times! I grew up in the bay area and haven't lived there for more than 10 years! This brings back home for me! (and I love that you mentioned Pinole! I grew up in Hercules...the city next door! Thanks for this bit of nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo