1K

i smile  
Finally got my stuff together and finished up my sample layout for Kara's upcoming class- this & that! I chose to work with a challenge, dug into my duly noted collection to use some calendar pages. I love incorporating  vintage papers into my layouts and mini albums-mixed a  few new Studio Calico products as well as some of my all time favorites (mister huey's:dewey and heirloom blue; rubons, precision pen labels, paint, veneer asterisks and memoir paper).
ps....i promise i don't have bird poop on my jacket, my scanner had some eraser particles on it and it picked it up in the scan, random!

NOW to celebrate my 1K post ( seriously can't believe this, doesn't feel like i've been blogging for four years!!) You have a chance to win a spot in this amazing class that will jump start your creative mind. :) Leave a comment  on what your favorite color combination(s) in life, fashion, decor...really whatever and  post it here for a chance to win.
A winner will be chosen on Friday, August 12, 2011.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
more class details 
This & That. http://www.classesbykara.com/thisandthat_/

Haven’t scrapbooked in awhile? Feeling uninspired with your current supplies and same old photos? Want to try scrap booking or art journaling but don’t where to start? This & That is a three week online class jam-packed with challenges, journaling prompts, and techniques designed to get you scrapbooking again. Mix and match and use this and that to create thirty plus pages! Choose one journaling prompt and one technique idea from the pool and combining ideas to get excited about creating again.

Price: $35 USD Dates: August 15th-September 2nd Included: Access to private blog 30 journaling prompts 30 technique prompts and ideas.

Tutorial for creating vintage handkerchief albums Printable embellishment sheet 2 instructor videos

Email access to Kara Giveaways!

PDF of the entirety of the class
 
xo, have a wonderful day!!

31 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Vee!!! You are so beautiful!! What a great photo! Hmmm... lately my favorite color combo is from a photo I found on pinterest with pretty ornage poppies against a beautiful blue sky, so I'll go with orange and blue. Thank you for the chance to get a spot in this great class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous photo and layout!! congrats on 1K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great giveaway and congrats on 1000 posts!

    My favorite color combination is a dark teal combined with maybe some pink and yellow/mustard. Might sounds weird, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! My favourite colour combination is cerise, grey and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look SO pretty in this photo. Love how you did the border under the photo, amazing layout!

    My favourite colour combinations (in all areas of life) are yellow + grey and navy blue + red.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO! My fave colors now are teal, orange and fuschia ... so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, and a great pic you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my fav color combo would have to be gray, yellow, white and black right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vee! You are so beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE that LO and the photo girl! My favorite lately is Aqua, yellow and grey/kraft

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous photo of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bird poop, huh? I didn't question it, but so glad you clarified. This class would be fun! My favorite color combo is black and white mixed with one other color, usually wood tones or yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan C.6:17 PM

    Great layout! And congratulations on your 1000th post! :)

    I'm loving the color combo of gray and yellow. Yes, still. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 1000!!!!!!!! And many more, please:) My favorite color combo is gray and lime green. Love them together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Vee!!
    I'm loving and have been loving deep yellow and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning layout.
    My favourite colour combo is grey and aqua

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dayum, girl! That page and the photo are insanely gorgeous.
    Congrats on the 1000th, I never pay attention to mine. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVELY page!!! I really like the mix to elements and the scrapes of paint here and there. My fave color combo right now is Mustard yellow, turquoise and pink but all my pages have been in shades of green and blue which is weirding me out- I start with a specific color combo and end up with entirely different papers. LOVED the new SC kit! Congrats on the 1k posts- that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i ADORE this page so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome page!!!

    Lots of fav combos right now but especially loving teal with either orange or a bit of red :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7:35 AM

    pretty pic - i never get tired of your smile! right now i love sky blue, yellow and gray...robin

    ReplyDelete
  22. Vee, that's awesome! 4 years of blogging....I think I only have, like, 18 posts! :) My fave color combo right now is teal, grey and yellow. Can't get enough! Congrats on 1000 posts! Can't wait for the next 1000 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on all these years of blogging! I'm not even sure how long I've been at it or how many posts I've written... you're making me think!! :) I LOVE this layout -- great colors, perfect design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 1K ! That's a beautiful picture and page of you! My favorite combo is yellow and gray right now. Seeing it a lot and currently looking for a light gray ink and paper. So hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michelle L3:00 PM

    What a great page and photo! I think my favorite color combo right now would have to be Kraft and blue (any blue really but aqua the most). As far as fashion it would have to be black and white. Make it stripes and I'm in love!
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy 1K! I found your blog a couple of years ago and haven't stopped following since!

    Purple mixed with complimentary colors or just alone is my all-time favorite. But, I'm feeling a bit trendy right now and love yellow and grey! I'm also loving red and grey as I think about redecorating my son's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i took a scrapbooking class once.. soo much fun! I wish I had more time for it... haha i think that every time I visit your blog. so inspiring!

    x0
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  28. congratulations on your milestone post!

    my fave color combo right now is yellow/brown/gray :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats! wahoo! 1000!!!!

    my favorite color combination right now would probably be peach, sage green, and a soft yellow. i'm crocheting a blanket in those colors :) of course, yellow, teal and grey are really pretty together too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. loves this photo! Looks so good on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  31. you look really beautiful in that pic :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo