@heart

still young at heart
I was ecstatic to be a GD for Nichol Magouirk Scrapbooking Stamping class at 2peas this month. This is a year long class that covers a different  stamping techniques each month. No surprise that I used embossing powders (LOVE LOVE) them on a clear overlay, this is my my  technique example for the class! This ampersand stamp is one of my all time favorite studio calico kit exclusive stamps. SC is have a major sale on their  tags for only $1, pick them up before they are gone (only at this price until midnight)! I used warm calico and orchard mister huey's on this page and a bit of pattern paper (black circles and scallop) from the thespians kit.

The journaling on this layout is centered around my feelings on aging at the moment, I will be 35 next month and really I still feel young at heart. Life moves so fast and I can clearly remember being my Saadiq's age and wishing I was older like my cousins, sigh. There are so many things as a child you wish you could speed thru and as an adult you just wish time would slow down.
*reasons 3498575 why I love instagram, now I am never without photos to scrap! :)
xo

11 comments:

  1. I love Instagram too - and this layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for embossing on a clear overlay. I'm gonna have to try that. I bet it's tricky to not melt the acetate though. That is one awesome LO VEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout!! I am an instagram lover too..... totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO! I'm a IG'er too! I love hipstamatic aswell, have u tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO, Vee. I totally hear you about life moving so fast. I have to constantly remind myself to take time to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page!! :) It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovelovelove. digging your color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww look at you!! what a cutie pie!!! great layout vee,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:30 AM

    i too love this one! you look like a teenager in the pic - and the lovely sunbeams that surround you show your true inner light...robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are young girl! and Happy Birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh- I was away and missed this page- it's gorgeous!!! LOVE those photos of you- the sun rays are awesome on the first one. Got some tags- can't wait for my kit to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo