the decdaily

yay, it's december 1st!! I am excited to start this year's minibook, it is one of my favorite parts of of the holiday season. I had a bit of drama with the cover, had to redo it after I added OLD modge podge to the first one. The mist and mp did not mix well= did not dry. So on this cover I misted an overlay, and added another overlay on top of it to "seal" it. Every year I use the same variety of colors, red, teal, yellow and white and that is okay with me (use what inspires you, you will need it when the holidays really get to pumping)! I love smaller minis and this one has a mix of 4x6 and 4x7 clear pages. I will be adding more clear pages,pattern paper and overlays as the days progess.  The majority of the book will be clear, can't wait to make it big.  This year I plan on including more photos and building interactive pages like the one below. december daily| 2011 decdaily2011|day one decdaily2011|day oneToday for the first photo of the day I used my pivi printer to turn a digi photo into a instax print. I snapped a photo of  my makeup for the day. One of my favorite portions of the day is "me time" when I am getting ready for the day. The photo is inside of a card holder that I stapled to a overlay and added it the inside of my cover as the first page. I have more photos of the day (like Synai hanging our countdown to Santa Claus) and others that I capture on instagram today. 
Supplies Used| Hambly overlays; parts of Studio Calico Brooklyn Flea and Handmade kits| Mister Huey's ink (calico white); Autumn Press Bundle; Ink
thanks for reading and leave a comment if you are doing a DD, would love to see your minis as well
xo

9 comments:

  1. WOW your book is awesome, I love all the little pieces that make it fabulous. I can't wait to see what you do for the rest of the month.... Have a great Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Searching for inspiration to get my December Daily started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rhonda3:53 PM

    Love your work Vee and I can't wait to see your album progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the textures and layers! You rule!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic album! I really like this cover ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! LOVE the color and that it's see though- love the patterns the layers make! Thanks for the tip on the Modge Podge as well- will steer clear of using it along with mists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a rockin' album!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun!! I can't wait to see your album evolve throughout the month Vee!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your color combo, Vee!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo