off duty meal

Happy Monday, hope you had a wonderful weekend and are having a great start to your week! ee had a beautiful week, mixed with a little bit of work for me on Saturday, a visit to the museum of American History and yawn the Oscars. I think I feel asleep in record time this year, 1.5 hour into the show, sorry it has gotten awfully boring  but thank goodness I lost interest after the Cirque du Soleil performance, that was brilliant and amazing!

However, the star and highlight in our house the past two weekends are baked eggs (of course it would be food)! S2 are pretty open in trying new things and they  usually like what I like.  They've always ate what I ate even as toddlers. They are in love with these, so over the past couple of weeks I've made different combinations.

The first weekend=  in a ramekin I layered the following:
1/2 pat of butter, table spoon of nonfat milk, little bit of slice turkey
layer of sauteed spinach and garlic
quarter of a slice of Havarti cheese
cracked organic egg on top, with a pinch of Italian shredded cheese on the egg white side
salt and cracked pepper to taste
cooked for 16-17 minutes at 350 degrees on a baking sheet (less if you like runny yolk)
 
I pinned this sandwich months ago on pinterest so I can't take the credit but I did modify it with whole wheat english muffins, A LOT less cheese (used muenster, Havarti would work nicely too) and the spinach was sauteed with garlic in grease leftover from cooking bacon.  It was filling without being heavy and a great way to start the day with protein and vegetables!




story hour sneakAlso have a small sneak of one of my layouts for the March Studio Calico kit-Story Hour. Oh my you guys, loved all of the pattern papers in this kit and that is unusual for me. I loved the colors and my cameo and fiskars star punch got a major work out with this kit. It goes LIVE tonight at 12AMEST. xo
The Body Shop

4 comments:

  1. mmmm, liking the sneak. I'm making a turkey tortilla stew right now...

    I thought the cirque du soleil was amazing, but the rest of it ( that I saw) was snoozy.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sandwich looks DELISH.
    Can't wait for the full reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yum...this sure looks yummy and so do the sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will eat anything with havarti cheese. yum.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo