holy grail


It's no secret that I love beauty projects just as much as paper...maybe a bit more.  After a recent twitter convo, I thought it would also make a great blog post, so here we are!

I am sharing some of my favorite products that have holy grail status. By HG status I mean can't live without it, use it in my daily routine.  Some things I do not think you should pay over $7 for like mascara. I love L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, it is just as good as any high end brand. With that being said, I do think you have to invest in some items if you so choose to so and in my opinion some brands work better for me.  But do your research, there are always great deals online and check out makeup alley for reviews or swaps.

the beauty list
1. MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer ( has a thicker consistence but great staying power for me and it last forever, small amount needed for great coverage). 2. Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado (there is a bit of a sticker shock but found it on eBay for a cheaper price and free shipping when I first purchase it and a little bit go a long way. It doesn't migrate into your eyes either,a big + since I wear contacts. 3. MAC Face and Body Foundation  (amazing foundation, for the appearance of your skin but better look, very natural).4. The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover (natural and it works, love it) 5. ELF Studio Cream Liner ( can't beat the price for the quality, $3 and it is sold at target) 6. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara (will rock it for-eveeeer, love this formula and it is super black)7. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleaner (takes all of my makeup quickly and it doesn't dry my skin out, another product in which a little goes a long way) 8.MAC Brush Cleaner ( the only cleanser that I use, love it and again it works effectively without using a lot at a time).

What are some of your beauty favorites-would love to know!
xo


4 comments:

  1. I use the same mascara! It is quite possibly the best drug-store mascara ever.

    For foundation I usually use the American brand stuff from kohls if I want a more flaw-less coverage I use a heavier foundation from clinique.

    The Naked Palette from Urban Decay is my favorite eye shadow (although pricey, but I also like the Loreal Hip brand eye shadow) and I usually use lip lacquer from Nars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love your post. I have recently gotten hooked on beauty products. My favorites: 1) Stila smudgestick eyeliner 2) Urban Decay big Fatty mascara 3) Smashbox foundation 4)Urban Decay Ammo Palette and 5) bare minerals powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these types of posts - learning about new products! I don't use Kiehl's too much anymore (don't know why?) but I just finished up a bottle of this serum (won it) - it's amazing for the skin.. a few drops is all you need. It's expensive though...
    http://www.kiehls.com/Midnight-Recovery-Concentrate/819,default,pd.html?start=3&cgid=face-serums

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so on a beauty kick lately (which you've probably guessed.) i'm off to find some Kiehl's face wash, and wish and pray and hope that I get a MAC counter in Peoria someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo