summer nails

summer nails


Essie nailpolish / J Crew nail polish / Sally Hansen nail care / Essie Nail Color Lacquered Up #678  / Color Club Nail Polish Age of Aquarius / Orly Fancy Fuchsia 40745 Nail Polish

A break in the middle of the week does a body good, hope you had a wonderful july 4th! Today I thought I would share with you a few of my  favorite summer nail polishes + base coat. I think you know I am a hoarder nail polish fanatic, big smiles! I love colorful  nails and toes in the summer, it makes me happy and the perfect accent to any outfit.   

1.  I start all of my manicures with an awesome basecoat. I swear by any of essie's basecoats but I adore this protein basecoat. Believe me a great basecoat will make any nailpolish amazing and will make your manicure opaque and stunning. If you hate the way your nails turn out after you are done painting them, most likely it's your basecoat or lack of one. I never use white polishes under any of my polishes to achieve the color as it appears in the bottle.

2. Use colorful nails as a way to play with color, all of the ones above are favorites of mine this summer but a few go beyond.
    -sally hansen blew me away! can be seen in my post below- it a gorgeous color.
    -orly fancy fuchsia is another creme neon that is a beautiful pink (same color as the neon tank I am wearing in the photo in the post below). I think it has been discontinued but a close dupe for it is essie's lights.
     -color club age of aquarius is a gorgeous neon turquoise and is sold at wal-mart!
     -essie laquered up is a beautiful hot cherry red and very va-va-room! Another beautiful creme red by essie and available at target is geranium, this color looks stunning on my sister, it is more orange toned.

3.  I also use a quick dry top coat because I have the less amount of patience for waiting on my nails to dry. I use this one (great but doesn't dry in the amount of time it claims) but love this one because it works in 10 minutes!
what colors are you rocking this summer?
xo

ModCloth

7 comments:

  1. Yellows, pinks, a lil black, and some green...i will honestly wear all colors year 'round : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Those colors are so much FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: buy base coat. If I paint my own finger nails they look like sh*t (forgive my language) within 10 minutes. My favorite colors this year have been the ballet slipper colors and corals. Guess I should brighten up my selection since it's summer and not spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I SO Love all these colors but I suffer from impatience ha.. SO my BFF right now are those Sally Hansan Nail Effects LOOOVE THEM. They are easy to apply and last the week and being as busy w/my kids as I am well that is a miracle. I so wish I could sit there and wait for my nails to dry I am dying to paint my nails that yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to come and let you teach me how to paint my nails!! haha.. i have short and stumpy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have very much patience for my nails, even though my husband loves when they are painted. I guess it's because they always look like crap when I'm done. Any links on how to propperly apply and dry nail polish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Cellulite treatment machine and Vacuum therapy machine. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic and SpaEquipment websites.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo