project life // the shift

When I purchased items from kelly's first stamp//digi release , I knew instantly I wanted to create a project life spread with the geo-tag stamp and digital file. As you can see it is my new favorite thing and after chatting with my partner in crime, jamaica  we knew this would be our next challenge. For me it was all about summer locations, musuem visits, days off, beach time, exploring dc and just having fun! It felt good to keep it simple and really let the photos tell our story. I am sure this will make a repeat appearance in my album because I love looking at our life this way, especially with football and cheer revving up, it is going to be fun to look at a day in the life thru location. I love jamaica's take, you can see her's here (location, location, location).

the shift: Both of us have come to realize that we have more fun documenting this way (our challenges) instead of trying to fit every detail into these awesome pockets. I am not going to say I will never go back to the weekly documentation because let's face it some weeks must be documented but the pressure obsession to keep up with every detail has been lifted.  I had fallen way behind and was getting bummed that I was so far behind and worrying way too much that I would never catch up instead of focusing on the real goal. So with that said, I am making a shift to documenting our life in project life  in a way that is good, fresh and inspiring for me.
 project life project life details products used| lifelovepaper mini print pack; jbs ink pad-chicken feed; prima chalk fluid edger (coltsfoot petals); stazon (jet black);american crafts dear lizzy (dreamy days) paper;stepping stone alpha stamp set; pro pen (.01);therm-o-web sticky dot runner

Our other PL challenges: white week (mine// jamaica's) and thickers (mine // jamaica).


12 comments:

  1. I know all about the worrying on being able to catch up. I hadn't done a week since week 13, but have blogged about how I'm catching up now and what I'll do to keep it going in the future.

    Good on you for taking the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee, this is gorgeous! "...worrying way too much that I would never catch up instead of focusing on the real goal." that's it, exactly. Here's to looking forward!

    and I'm jealous, you got to use all those SC state stamps! they're perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. vee - i love this and your frame of thinking! all of the yellow is so bright and cheery. makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is beautiful! It is still you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooo this looks fabulous! I'm behind on pl to but i'm hanging on & you give me hope!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great! And seriously after missing an entire month of PL that seriously is the best attitude to have! I just want something to look and back and smile and in years to come :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. so awesome. i admire you 2 for keeping up because it is not easy. And the fact that you do it so well, you should be proud. I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip Vee - I've been thinking about starting PL right now, but the whole idea of week-by-week was freaking me out:p I've got so much junk from all this year and now I feel I can just roll with it, hah:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's funny that you're talking about a shift in PL..I"ve been thinking the same thing for myself..trying to figure out how to make PL better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome, as always! Wait, digital stamps? Huh? And yes, I am feeling super overwhelmed with PL. I am back on week 19. I feel like I will never catch up!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo