project life // december 2012 + january 2013

the day has finally come and my 2012 project life section is done....yeah!!! so happy to be in the  "current" section and plan on catching up this week with a mix of the first portion of the year. 

 things i learned in 2 0 1 2
  • choosing an album size is key, for me the 12x12 was overwhelming and I purposely didn't create with the conventional project life sized album! faq's about my album can be read here.
  • shifting from a weekly to monthly format caused less stress and freedom for me. when i was focusing on keeping up and not creating weekly it became daunting and less fun. I like working by the month and as needed some months may feature weeks. I like how this project can be what you want it to be.
  • having a task app (like momento) is a lifesaver, it helped me to fill in the gaps as needed and not worry about having to worry about what happened a particular day or to take notes.
  • my favorite photo size is 2.5x 2.5, it allows for the perfect amount of jounarling or embellishments on cards
  • keeping is simple works better
  • using a project life kit or favorite products makes the process a lot easier
  • sometimes it is easier and quicker to journal directly to photos
 december 2012 //

because of my december daily, a lot of the month had already been documented I kept it short and simple with a photo of my dd of course (hoping jamaica really makes another one for 2013 :) // throw back christmas photo of me in 1978 // S2 enjoying froyo with saadiq and his bestie // S2 enjoying a birthday starbucks treat, she is already requesting it again this year on her bday.

project life // dec. 2012 project life // dec. 2012 closeup

per my video (thanks for the wonderful response to my videos, so excited that you are enjoying them)! closeup of my journaling and like my list of  what I learned in 2012... more journaling directly onto my photos. also added Christmas memorabilia that never makes it into my daily album (cards from friends).

project life // dec. 2012 card


january 2013//
the pages will be almost all white this year...that is the plan! I like how the photos pop against the bright background, week thirteen is still one of my favorite pages created in my project life albums. the base cards are from the project life midnight core kit. I plan on keeping it more simple with color and design and I will be sticking to the monthly pockets. I love looking back at the end of the month to see what we've done and accomplished!

project life // jan 2013

new year new scent  // always documenting ootd //  ruby joined our family...precious // had a less than enjoyable volunteer experience at the inaugural ball that jamaica talked me thru, thanks friend!

project life // jan 2013
products used // studio calico bird veneer // studio calico veneer butterfly // studio calico ink-warm calico // studio calico potty people // basic grey micro blue  alpha stickers // frolic date roller stamp  // stazon jet black ink

are you still project-lifing, if so what is your current process? xo

4 comments:

  1. I just pinned like all these. I'm doing the handbook too!! And I'm focusing on the month and events rather than the daily. I hope this approach helps me keep up. I'm trying to finish up July, will work this past weekend since we had a major event, then go back here and there and possibly catch up with May/June if I have time. If not, am not going to sweat it. I love your words of wisdom on that as well. LOVE seeing your updates - I will check back more often now that I'm trying to get back to it, Ma! Thx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks D!!! I love the small format and the monthly format! xo

      Delete
  2. You are getting me inspired to pull my PL out and start working on it again. Oh, I only stopped back in March... ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo