things i learned in 2 0 1 2
- choosing an album size is key, for me the 12x12 was overwhelming and I purposely didn't create with the conventional project life sized album! faq's about my album can be read here.
- shifting from a weekly to monthly format caused less stress and freedom for me. when i was focusing on keeping up and not creating weekly it became daunting and less fun. I like working by the month and as needed some months may feature weeks. I like how this project can be what you want it to be.
- having a task app (like momento) is a lifesaver, it helped me to fill in the gaps as needed and not worry about having to worry about what happened a particular day or to take notes.
- my favorite photo size is 2.5x 2.5, it allows for the perfect amount of jounarling or embellishments on cards
- keeping is simple works better
- using a project life kit or favorite products makes the process a lot easier
- sometimes it is easier and quicker to journal directly to photos
because of my december daily, a lot of the month had already been documented I kept it short and simple with a photo of my dd of course (hoping jamaica really makes another one for 2013 :) // throw back christmas photo of me in 1978 // S2 enjoying froyo with saadiq and his bestie // S2 enjoying a birthday starbucks treat, she is already requesting it again this year on her bday.
per my video (thanks for the wonderful response to my videos, so excited that you are enjoying them)! closeup of my journaling and like my list of what I learned in 2012... more journaling directly onto my photos. also added Christmas memorabilia that never makes it into my daily album (cards from friends).
the pages will be almost all white this year...that is the plan! I like how the photos pop against the bright background, week thirteen is still one of my favorite pages created in my project life albums. the base cards are from the project life midnight core kit. I plan on keeping it more simple with color and design and I will be sticking to the monthly pockets. I love looking back at the end of the month to see what we've done and accomplished!
new year new scent // always documenting ootd // ruby joined our family...precious // had a less than enjoyable volunteer experience at the inaugural ball that jamaica talked me thru, thanks friend!
products used // studio calico bird veneer // studio calico veneer butterfly // studio calico ink-warm calico // studio calico potty people // basic grey micro blue alpha stickers // frolic date roller stamp // stazon jet black ink
are you still project-lifing, if so what is your current process? xo