beauty favorites lately






tray // nate burkus marble tray

I can't believe the holidays are near, where has this year gone?!  I haven't done a beauty post since September, sorry about that! I am going to get back to posting them more regularly and thought this would be a fun post to do to get me back on track again.   

photo one
I always have hand cream in my purse, it is usually another favorite, soap and glory's hand food but I recently picked up Sonia Kashuk Hand Cream-Purple Seduction. It is describe as a bold and sexy scent with notes of pomegranate, rose and patchouli. I am not normally drawn to rose scents in lotions or perfumes but it works with the earthy tone that the patchouli notes provide. 
Lip gloss-Maybelline Color Elixir (hibiscus haven), been loving this color lately and another great dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains that I mentioned (and love as well) here.  This one does have more slip than the YSL Glossy Stains and L'Oreal Colour Riche gloss but they are all made by the same manufacturer, in the end they provide almost the same effect.  I like to layer the Maybelline  gloss over a lipstick because it makes it last longer and the shine is stunning!


photo two
It took me a while to warm up to lip butters but the key was finding the right shade that worked for me.  This color has been discontinued (don't you hate it when that happens)?! But fortunately for me I found them on sale over the summer and purchased a few backups. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are great to wear for a little touch of color or to use as a treatment before applying a matte lipstick.  I use it the second way the most but also like to pair it with a lip gloss for extra shine. However they have a subtle shine on their own and are very low maintence, perfect work lippie.

photo three
I am still loving a bright nail even though fall usually means darker colors. I love to wear what makes me happy especially on dreary days. I love this urban outfitters nail polish in the color, hot tub!  Also recycled my sister's Chanel powder container to store trinkets in, inside my accessories drawer.  I love the white top and frosted packing.

photo three
I love a great nude lipstick, this lipstick is MAC Flair for Finery, from the Divine Night Collection. I love the limited edition packaging of matte black + gold instead of the normal MAC packaging in this line. This lipstick is a cool pink nude which I pair with MAC Chestnut lip pencil and a nude or pink gloss.

thanks for reading and commenting, xo!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Nate Berkus home decor stuff at Target, in fact I was going to buy some curtains that are his Target Brand. ANYHOO I'll have to check out the nude lip stuff- I only wear nude lipstick. If I wear a vibrant color it's only for photo purposes and I usually wash it off right away (it just isn't "me").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his line and the quality is awesome too!

      Delete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo