project life | december 2013

I could really shout this: my project life pages for 2 0 1 3 are done! I am not going to lie, I feel so happy and accomplished that I didn't give up on it  last year.  I think a lot of that feeling comes from shifting my creating process into a format that worked for me. I don't do weekly pages anymore, monthly is a lot more realistic for me.

I've also found that my desire to scrap layouts waned last year, hope to get back to making more traditional pages in 2014.  I also didn't commit to my december daily album, this is the first time in 3+ years that I haven't created one and simply put it felt like a chore and whenever this craft feels like that I don't create, point blank.




products used - Project Life Dear Lizzy (Polka Dot Party) Mini Kit // Project Life Midnight Collection //   Elle's Studio Teal Alpha Stickers //  Ranger Ink- Studio by Claudine Hellmuth Acrylic Paint (Dab of Yellow) //  Shopevalicious Miscellany Shapes Puffy Stickers // My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots // American Crafts This to That Adhesive Red Tape

some highlights from last month:
  • Synai's birthday and Christmas of course! I can't believe both of my children are in the double digits now. 
  • We saw a lot of great movies last year at the theater and at home, a few favorites were (adult): world war z, the hobbit and the bling ring; (family): percy jackson sea of monsters, frozen and jack the giant slayer.
  • December became the month of renew and refresh with home decor, loved finding a great affordable pieces at home goods, marshalls and tj maxx.
  • Love receiving Christmas cards from friends and adding them to my project life album, I wasn't as good at sending them out...maybe valentine's day notes will do. 
xo,hope it is warm where you are! who else is ready for spring?! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pages. I'm with you- I find myself ALREADY not being as excited over it as I have in the past. I always get a wild hair and get a bunch accomplished though- all depends on what is happening that week/month etc.

    HomeGoods is now my favorite store to buy throw pillows for the livingroom and bedroom. I bought THREE a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! I love home goods, it hard for me not to go in there weekly!

      Delete
  2. This blog site is pretty good! How was it made . I view something genuinely interesting about your site so I saved to my bookmarks . You can visit my site.
    repair

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo