currently cooking...

I  love to cook and lately I've been really into making soups for my family. I am blaming it on the #polarvortex and for once I don't think it is a bad thing in regards to winter. I made this turkey meatball spinach tortellini soup from skinnytaste last night and it was super delicious plus easy to make as most of the ingredients can be found in your fridge or pantry.


Another favorite and my go-to recipe for soup is vegetable soup, which is also easy to make.  It can be easily adapted to any recipe that includes  your favorite vegetables and pasta. My mom always made us soup growing up and it is a quick and nutritious meal that gets little eaters to eat healthy without even knowing it!  For this soup I always start with canned or stewed tomatoes, add in about 14 oz chicken broth, about a cup of water (to thin out the soup a bit),  fresh red onions, garlic, and a medley of frozen veggies (these are the best for soups because they are vegetables at their peek without the sodium like the ones from the can).  I add in my favorite spices, don't skimp on the seasonings because your soup will be bland if you do even when I am following a recipe I always add my go to spices.  I add in potatoes or pasta at the very end when the soup is done  because they require less cook time.


Another cold weather favorite is chili, thinking about making this chicken fajita version later this week. Do you have a soup you make, would love to hear about it! xo

2 comments:

  1. Both of these soups look (and sound delicious) . I'm thinking I may try out the spinach tortellini one this weekend <3 thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay, I love the tortellini one and S2 approved too. ;)

      Delete

thanks for stopping by and leaving a note behind*
xo